Location: My Tho is the capital city of Tien Giang Province. It is located on the north side of the downstream of the Tien River, in the Mekong Delta region of South Vietnam. It borders on Cho Gao in the North and West, Chau Thanh District in the East and Tien River & Ben Tre Province in the South.
Characteristics: My Tho is known as one of the green destination in the middle of the plains, crisscrossed canals with fresh air, many types of tourism associated with ecological river travel, gardens, amusement parks, cultural temples & pagodas, fruit orchards and specialties.
· Some famous tourist attractions: Vinh Trang Temple, Cao Dai Temple, Dong Tam Snakes Farm, Thoi Son Islet, Phoenix Island, Dragon Island, Tortoise Island, Unicorn Island, etc
· Fruit Orchards:
· February: Breast Milk season in Vinh Kim
· March & April: Mango season in Cai Be
· May, June & July: Durian and Rambutan in Ngu Hiep
· August & September: Longans in Phoenix Island
· December: Watermelon in Tan My Chanh & Go Cong
· Floating Markets: Cai Be, Cho Gao & Phong Dien, in which Cai Be Floating Market is the biggest wholesale market in the Southwest of Vietnam. It takes place on the river on the large scale with full of boats and rafts filled with varied and plentiful products.
· Specialties: My Tho Noodles (Hu Tieu My Tho) with many types of Noodles as Vegetarian Noodles, Meat Noodles, Squid Noodles, Beef Noodles, Trang Noodles, Thao Loan Noodles, etc