Launched in 2018
The grace, poise, and wisdom of the humble flamingo was the inspiration for our 4-star cruise around Halong Bay. From 2018, we decided that the flamingo’s elegance would run throughout our 10 cabins, luxury restaurant, classy bar and wide sundeck. Sleek varnished wood is matched with the deepest blue furnishings around the ship, a perfect marriage of the ancient and modern in Vietnamese culture.
Even our itinerary is modelled on the flamingo’s famed balance. We give you the chance to see Halong Bay in a much more tranquil setting, away from the tourists and towards the locals. We are proud of the authenticity of our Halong Bay itinerary; with expeditions to neighbouring Bai Tu Long Bay and Lan Ha Bay a welcome break from what can sometimes seem like the bustle of Halong.
Join Luxury Flamingo Cruise for a genuine, exotic and harmonious experience in Halong Bay.
07.30 We will meet you outside of your hotel in the Old Quarter of Hanoi, driving you east to Tuan Chau Harbour in Halong City.
12.30 Sip on a welcome drink while boarding the Flamingo Cruise. There will be a brief introduction by the captain before you are free to explore your new surrounds.
13.30 Savour the wonderful lunch as you take in the view of Halong Bay’s famous islets flying past the window.
15.00 We will visit Halong Bay’s pearl farm and relax in the waters around it. Following this, we will have a couple of hours to relax on Titov Island, one of the more famous Halong Bay islands containing a range of opportunities for relaxing, swimming and taking photos from the top of a 400-step hike.
18.00 Two-for-one drinks at the bar are paired with our Vietnamese cooking class, which will present to us the mysteries of Vietnamese dishes and how to cook them.
19.30 Vietnamese and Western dishes will both be available for dinner in our graceful dining room.
21.00 The evening is yours to take at your own leisure; perhaps you’d like to try squid fishing for the first time, or simply relax at the bar or in your cabin.
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
06.15 An early morning Tai Chi session on the sundeck will marry the ancient art of Tai Chi with the beauty of Halong Bay in its new morning light.
07.15 A light breakfast will be followed by a trip to the Surprising Cave and a look around its interior to discover how it got its name.
09.00 Returning to the Flamingo Cruise for the last time, we check-out of our cabins and enjoy a final brunch on board.
10.45 Disembark the Flamingo Cruise at the pier and bid a fond farewell to the crew. We will begin the drive back to Hanoi, where we should arrive at about 14.30 – 15.00. End of your Halong Bay 2 Days 1 Night with Flamingo Cruise. Flamingo Cruises would like to extend our thanks to you, our valued customer, for choosing our service. We hope to see you in the future!
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
07.30 Our shuttle bus will arrive at your hotel in Hanoi and drive you along the Red River Delta to Halong Bay.
12.30 Check into our cabin once you board the Flamingo Cruise. You will receive a welcome drink while you listen to a message from the captain.
13.30 Pass by the famous Halong Bay islands: Fighting Cock, Dog’s Head, the Incense Burner etc. A delicious lunch will be served as you soak in the new atmosphere of the bay.
15.00 We will head to the Pearl Farm Village and kayak around its serene waters. Afterwards, we will head to the famous Titov Island where you can relax on the beach, swim in the water, or hike the path to the top of the island for that perfect photo of the Halong Bay junk cruises in front of the rugged outcrop scenery.
17.30 It is Happy Hour back on board the Flamingo Cruise, with 2-for-1 drinks offers at the bar.
18.00 The mysteries of Vietnamese cooking will be dissolved when our chef shows us how to prepare some traditional Vietnamese food.
19.30 Delight in the options at our wonderful dinner. We have an array of Vietnamese and other Asian foods on offer.
21.00 Head back to the bar or perhaps engage in some moonlight squid fishing as you settle into your cabin to stay in Halong Bay overnight.
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
06.30 There will be a 20-minute Tai Chi class on the top deck in the early morning light of the bay. Coffee, tea, juice, and a full selection of breakfast foods will be served afterwards.
09.00 We will transfer to the day boat, in which we set sail for Trong Cave, also known as Drum Cave for the theatrical banging noises it makes when lightning strikes. There are opportunities to swim and kayak around here.
10.30 We head to a pearl factory at Pearl Farm Village, where we will learn of the entire process necessary to produce these precious gems.
12.00 Lunch is served on the day boat.
16.00 We will return to the Flamingo Cruise where you can indulge in a massage before dinner. Head to the bar later for another night of happy hour drinks.
19.30 A beautiful local dinner is served as the moon makes its appearance in Halong Bay. After this, you might decide to watch a movie or take the last opportunity to try squid fishing with the crew.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
06.15 Rise early for the last chance to join a revitalising Tai Chi session on the sundeck.
07.15 We will have a light breakfast and then head to the Surprising Cave for a look at how it got its name.
09.00 We return to the Flamingo Cruise for the last time to check-out and soak up the famous Halong Bay weather.
10.45 A delicious brunch will be served as we approach the pier. Here we will disembark and wave goodbye to the crew, boarding the bus back to Hanoi from Halong Bay pier. Thank you for choosing Flamingo Cruise for the Halong Bay 3 days 2 nights cruise, we hope we can serve you in the future!
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Bus pick-up time: 9:20 AM - 9:45 AM
Check-in: 11:30 AM -12:00 PM
Check-out: 11:30 AM -12:00 AM
Return Hanoi by bus: 2:30 PM
Shuttle bus pick-up point: Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter or in front of Hanoi Opera House
Shuttle bus drop-off point: Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter or in front of Hanoi Opera House
• 50 % of the total cost is required to secure the booking.
• The remaining balance is to be paid 15 days prior to the departure date.
• In some special cases, you will be required to pay the full cost or a number greater or smaller than the standard 50% to secure your booking.
• In some special cases, the deadline for payment will be required sooner or later than the standard 15 days prior to booking.
Cancellation by Halong Bay Management Board due to bad weather
If the cancellation is made by the Halong Bay Management Board, following policies will be applied depending on the time of cancellation.
• When a cancellation is made before departure date- check-in date (if no services have been used): 100% refund.
• When a cancellation is made during the trip (some services have been used such as transfer, food, some amenities, etc.): used services will be charged, the rest will be refunded.
• When a cancellation is made before or during the departure date and the trip must be shortened from 2 nights to 1 night, 2 days 1 night trip, plus other used services will be charged, the rest will be refunded.
• The final cost will be confirmed by your consultant via email. In all cases, please contact us directly for any urgent help. We are here to support you!
Note: In case of a cancellation decision made by the Management Board of Halong Bay, an alternative travel arrangement will be made on request, or you will be refunded in accordance. In all cases, please contact our travel consultant via email or phone for support. We are always willing to provide you with any assistance you may need on or off board.
Cancellation by Customer
• More than 30 days prior to check-in (departure date): Free of charge
• From 30 to 16 days prior to check-in (departure date): 10% of total rates
• From 15 to 10 days prior to check-in (departure date): 20% of total rates
• From 9 to 5 days prior to check-in (departure date): 50% of total rates
• Less than 5 days prior to check-in (departure date): 100% of total rates.
• No-Show: 100% of total rates
*** Cancellation notice from customer must be sent to us via email. Refund will be processed between 10 -15 working days.
• PROGRAMS & SCHEDULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
• In case of adverse weather conditions in Halong Bay, the cancellation will ONLY be made by the Halong Bay Management Board. Usually the announcement will be declared very close to or on the departure date and our refund policy will come into effect.